This is the legal disclaimer document that applies to the Movim services.
In order to use our services, you must approve this document.
This document defines the end-user responsibilities and our obligations about your data.
Our services is used to designate the following services:
Hosted in Germany at netcup GmbH
- The movim.eu and jappix.com XMPP service and related services
- The mov.im Movim instance
What we store
For movim.eu and jappix.com XMPP accounts:
- Your username, a hash of your password and related data (vcard, profile picture)
- Your email, if provided, to allow you to recover your password
- Articles All the articles published by you on our services
- Messages All the messages published and received by you or your contacts or from the chatrooms you are connected on
- Files All the pictures uploaded using your account
- Contacts Your contact list (XMPP Roster)
- All the data published by Movim or other XMPP clients you are using on your XMPP account (OMEMO public keys, bookmarks.)
For XMPP accounts using our mov.im public Movim instance:
- Your username, an encrypted version of your password (the key is sent back to your browser, this allow Movim to quickly log-you back in)
- Articles A cache of all the articles published by you on our services and other XMPP services you accessed
- Messages A cache of the messages published and received by you or your contacts or from the chatrooms you are connected on
- Files A cache of the pictures accessed using your account
- Contacts Your contact list (XMPP Roster)
- A cache of all the data published by Movim or other XMPP clients you are using on your XMPP account (OMEMO public keys, bookmarks.)
To operate our services we are also storing some logs and related data, those logs are rotated daily and destroyed using the following rules:
- ejabberd (our XMPP server): 14 days, errors and general info (failed connections, security errors)
- nginx (our Web server): 14 days, errors and pages accessed (containing your IP and browser User-Agent)
- A global backup of our main databases (XMPP and Movim) is done daily on a local server in France. This backup is refreshed each night and is only used for restoration purpose
Terms and Conditions
1. Our terms
1. Our terms
By using our services, you approve to the following terms. If you do not, please remove your account and all the content you shared and stop using our services.
1.1. Be responsible of your acts
You are legally responsible of everything you do on our services. This includes your messages to others, the chatrooms you create, the files you share.
Chat rooms and Movim Communities owners are responsible of the ideas and the content their users share. This is their job to name moderators to keep control on what is done there.
We are not responsible of your commitments. Every legal problem concerning content you shared will be assigned to you and not Movim, the owner of the service, nor netcup GMbH, our server providers.
1.2. Do not degradate others
Degradating someone by altering his identity or injuring him is illegal.
You, as an user, is the only responsible person of what you say on our platform, as well as others are responsible from their speeches.
1.3. Do not try to alter the service
Our service was designed to handle random but stable loads. Please do not try to alter it by trying to hack it, get into a security hole or launching a DDoS attack on it.
If you find a security issue in one of our service. Please report it to us using our Security Policy.
1.4. Do not post content you don't own
Please respect the copyright on the content you may want to post on our platform, coming from someone else.
You can post content that is your work, or licensed under a free license.
1.5. Do not post injurious, racist, libelous or pedophile content
Such behavior is punished by the law. You, as a citizen, is responsible of what you say on the service.
1.6. Do not try to sell accounts
You are not allowed to take profits from our service, by selling user accounts for instance. Usage of our service must remain non-profit (it can be used in companies, but no money can be done via our service).
1.7. Do not try to hack accounts
Respect others, do not try to get their password.
1.8. Do not steal someone else's brand or name
When a brand does not belong to you, you're not allowed to use the same name for your username or chatroom name on our network. That's the same for people's identity. You're not allowed to take the identity of somebody else.
2. Your privacy
We feel responsible, as a communication service operator, of your data safety. We ensure that every communication you can have through our platform is secured and cannot be read by third parties.
2.1. We keep your data secure
Each bit of the data we store count. Our servers are located in secured datacenters managed by TransIP (Netherlands) and OVH (France).
We use robust passwords for our services administration, so that you can feel safe. We've got local backups of the server stored on a secured drive. That's all.
2.2. We don't look at your messages
We don't have the willing to read your messages.
If you still don't feel secure, you can use e2e (end to end) encryption betweek two XMPP clients that support it. Please note that depending of the country you're living in, you may not be allowed to use that strength cryptography. Please refer to your local law texts.
2.3. We don't look at your files
Tracking the content you share is not our goal. We won't have the time for that by the way!
The only persons who can look at these files you share are your friends or the visitors of your profile. You control the spread of files.
2.4. Communications are encrypted
By default, all communications between any client to our server are encrypted.
Communications between our server and remote servers (e.g. movim.eu to jabber.org) are also secured that way.
2.5. We don't sell your data to third parties
Our platform has no commercial activity. We do not require to sell your data (private or public) in that case.
Remember we will never sell your data to third parties.
2.6. We are crazy about privacy and communication safety
We love our users, we respect them and they are our strength. Why would we compromise them?
We do all our possible to protect your safety and privacy, outside any legal issue resolution.
3. Your rights
We want to ensure everyone's rights are fulfilled. That's why are fast on responding to legal-related problems.
3.1. Remove content concerning you
This includes your account and related contents and your files stored on our system.
You can also ask us to remove any content concerning you that is owned by another user on our platform.
You can ask us to get a copy of all the content we store concerning you.
3.3. Getting data about other parties to resolve a legal issue
In order to resolve a legal issue between you and another user of the platform, you are allowed to ask us for the contact information of an user (this includes email address, phone number, postal address or IP address).
We won't share data concerning somebody to anyone, you will need to prove your identity before, and only request contact data or data which can prove something useful in the issue resolution.
This documentation may be updated at least one time per year. As an user, you must stay up to date in this agreement, please follow updates of this document.
You own the right to retract yourself from our service if you don't agree to this document.
In this case, you will need to:
- Stop using the service
- Remove all your accounts on our service
- Remove all your data on our service
We should not publish an updated document that diverges from our vision, so that you should agree with the next revisions of this document.